donderdag 30 juni 2011

finding out what you love to do!

I haven’t been able to update this as much as I wanted to. Main reason for this was graduating, holidays and partying like a rockstar. Yesterday I found myself in a bar with some old friends, I haven´t seen most of them since at least 5 years. When I talked to one of them I noticed he didn´t seem really passionate about himself. Examples of this were his sloppy body language, talking himself down at every possibility and so on. When I asked him what he wanted to do in life, he just gave me a sheepish look. He had absolutely no idea what he loved doing. All though I felt bad for him it did give me some inspiration to write a article about how to find what you love!
Have you ever really thought about what you love? And I mean love to do, I don’t mean how much do you love money. If that’s your main motivation that’s cool, but personally I’d rather give value by really helping people. Money is great since it helps me help more people and obviously makes life easier in a lot of ways. But for me personally it isn’t my main motivation.

Skills
Interests


































How does someone find out about what he loves? Two words come to mind: Skill and interest.
Deep inside you know what you love, but have you ever really thought about it well enough?
Filling this in, will be the first step of being conscious aware of finding what you love to do most.
After filling this in I would like you to ask yourself the following questions:
1)     What would I love to do on a daily basis utilizing both my skills and interests that will add significant value to people?

2)      How can I achieve this?

3)     What will happen if I don’t try this?

I hope this will give you some new motivation and if not was a interesting read!

7 opmerkingen:

  1. I love to sleep. I think being unconscious for several hours is an improvement.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. aha, make a excel sheet and post it for upload, you can even put in the hours and everything manh.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I second what Henry said. But personally I dont have any specific interest at any point of time.
    I want a creative job, i tried blogging but I find so many obstacles and I am not very creative as I thought and I need my paycheck by end of month, hence wont work. I used to be an athelete so planned to try that but now I hate too much sun and too much snow.
    So, I believe I like my current job with a flexible nice boss where I have time and energy to try out what I want and refresh myself.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. This post is awesome, since I am still trying to find my true passion in life I will give your method a go!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I find it hard to organize my life with charts and graphs, but cool idea!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen